Saturday, December 1, 2012

Cut Sew Create @ Art on the Avenue

OCTOBER ART ON THE AVENUE

Yes, I know it's December, but this is the first chance I've had to post an update and I wanted to make sure I recorded a few notes about Art on the Avenue.

First, thanks to everyone who came by and of course a super big thank you to all purchased a piece of my art. AoA is a wonderful show with a BIG crowd and I am again honored to have participated. The weather was great this year (unlike last year when it rained all day).


Special thanks this year to my cousin Trisha who worked hard all day as my "Wing Woman". I'm not sure how others do these shows totally alone. Honestly, I think Trisha did a better job explaining my art than I did. Family rocks!

So here are a few pixs of the booth, with my brand new, very first every event TENT! Next time I really must have a sign. Putting that on the to do list right now.
In addition to adding the tent this year ( which is clearly not visible) I also added some solid folding screens that were a big help in showcasing my art. And I found this really cute folding shelf at a flea market. I painted it black to match the other black metal screens I use to hang my art and it was my front and center showcase.  
One of a new series of 5 pieces that starts with a Victorian Crazy Quilt concept and then adds a variation of a traditional quilt pattern, but in metal with vintage lace and buttons as embellishments.
I titled this small piece American Checkers

           
                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment