Thursday, January 26, 2012

Welcome To CSCS

Welcome to Cut Sew Create Studio...........the virtual version of my personal creative space; a dream that has taken many years to come into a place of reality.

By way of introduction: I'm Barb Boatman, BB to my friends. And I'm a 5th generation traditional quilt maker originally from West Virginia. My sewing career began in the early 60's in the 7th grade when I made a simple apron. From there I advanced to dress making through 4-H projects. After my daughters were born in 1969 and 1970 I started mading their clothes as well as my own.

And that's the way it rolled for a long time. Somewhere over the years I began to dream of being an artist. And finally in 2008 there was time to focus on that dream. Today I am an artist; you could say I've been cutting and sewing and creating for over 40 years. But I only started using my skills to create art about 3 years ago. All I know for sure is that I'm having the time of my life!


This blog will be my place to share my work, to promote regional art events and of course the work of other artists. It's an exciting time for me and I hope you will come along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment