Friday, January 27, 2012

Barbs Recycled Art

For the past 2+ years I have been creating abstract and occasionally 3-D works of mixed media art. I wish I could remember when or how I got the idea to work with fabric and recycled aluminum soda cans, but I honestly can't. I'm a quilter, a person who would rather use the sewing machine all day long than pick up a paint brush.  That means I have a rather large "stash" of fabric. So when you combine all that fabric with a personal need to create and you top it off with a little Girl Scout sense of duty to recycle, you end up with something totally unique. Based on the reactions I've had to my work over the past 2 years, apparently I'm not the only person who finds it interesting and aesthetically pleasing.

But I'll let you judge that for yourself after you look at a few pictures.







No comments:

Post a Comment