Tuesday, June 12, 2012

APRIL 2012 DRA SHOW

The April Del Ray Artisans show theme was Childhood Memories. I'm not sure what was more fun, displaying my work or working on my pieces with friends from the gallery. Once a month 4 of us gather to work on individual art projects. We share creative ideas, we eat a little, talk some and laugh a lot. And our April gathering was one of our best as we each prepared for upcoming shows. Theresa Kulstad, Stacy Rausch  and I worked on pieces for the DRA show and Jen Athanas worked on pieces for her upcoming display at Art-O-Matic. Theresa's painting even won a Curator's Award on opening night! I hope you enjoy the pictures.



From Art Goddess Party to DRA opening night. Sorry I don't  have a picture of Stacy's Rocken Roller Skates; they were 1980s hip!

I created Sundaes using image transfer from paper to fabric. After bonding each image to the background fabric I free motion quilted the piece

The second piece was reproduced Cracker Jack boxes with a skate key.......true memories of my childhood.
                                                          




No comments:

Post a Comment